Marriott have announced a new loyalty brand – Marriott Bonvoy
Marriott Bonvoy replaces existing loyalty brands – Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG).
In a press release, Stephanie Linnartz, Global Chief Commercial Officer said “Marriott Bonvoy is a travel program designed to bring to life our extraordinary portfolio of global brands in 129 countries and territories, while also providing endless inspiration for members to keep traveling and pursuing their passions.”
The new programme will give it’s 120 million members access to their portfolio of hotel’s at the best room rates as well as their collection or Marriott Bonvoy Moments, which replaces Marriott Rewards Moments and SPG Moments.
What you should know
- The Marriott Rewards, Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest brand names and logos will be retired as of February 13, 2019.
- Marriott Moments, Marriott Rewards Moments and SPG Moments will be combined as Marriott Bonvoy Moments.
- Members should combine their Marriott and SPG account to take advantage of combined points and Elite nights, potentially achieving a higher Elite tier.
- Marriott Bonvoy will introduce two new Elite tier names:
– Platinum Premier Elite level will become Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite.
– Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador level will become Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite.
- Redemption updates: A new Free Night Award tier, Category 8, begins in March. Peak and off-peak pricing will launch in summer 2019.
- Meeting Planners can continue to earn points for eligible meetings and events organised at any hotels and resorts that participate in Rewarding Events SM.
Learn more about Marriott Bonvoy by visiting MeetMarriottBonvoy.marriott.com