This month we have headed to Manchester – home of the world famous Manchester United football team and Old Trafford football ground – for our latest list of visited and vetted venues.
The place to Eat, Drink and Sleep Football – and what else would you expect from a hotel located right next door to Old Trafford?
- The 12th floor ‘rooftop football pitch’ known as Heaven, giving great views across the stadium and Manchester
- Generously sized bedrooms with quirky football shirt style packaging on the toiletries
- Good menu choice at Café Football
Avid football fans and business travellers alike
Great for a team talk!
Hotel Football will appeal to lovers of the beautiful game, but as a venue it also caters for those who can take it or leave it – so don’t let the theme put you off.
The hotel has 133 sizeable and comfortable bedrooms. In terms of meeting spaces, the largest available is the Stadium Suite which can accommodate 500 guests to a reception style event, 350 in a traditional theatre layout and 150 cabaret style. The astro-turfed rooftop pitch (Heaven) has a retractable roof, creating an unusual space for a drinks reception or corporate barbecue for up to 180 guests. Smaller suites are also available for board and team meetings, with room for up to 12 in the Salford Suite and 14 in the 92 Suite.
A conference venue with a huge choice of ‘blank canvas’ meeting suites
- Catering by chefs who are used to pleasing those well travelled Premier League palates
- With over 5,000 free car parking spaces available for meeting delegates, parking is NOT a problem!
- Excellent transport links by car and rail and just a 20 minute drive from Manchester Airport
Anything you want – whether it’s a board meeting or dinner dance, conference or exhibition
The Old Trafford conference centre is located in the Salford Quays area, just ten minutes from the city centre, so it’s conveniently placed for incoming delegates.
You’ll be hard pressed to find a venue with as many meeting space options so whatever kind of event you’re planning, it’s worth checking out. There are 24 ‘blank canvas’ suites that can accommodate numbers from 36 (in the Academy Suite) up to a staggering 1100 in the iconic Manchester Suite and a total of 154 separate ‘meeting rooms’ across the entire site.
The Midland Hotel
Imposing building and opulent decor – you can tell this hotel has received many famous guests in its time!
- Guests have free use of the spa’s relaxation pool and thermal areas (including the steam room and sauna)
- The French, one of the hotel’s two restaurants, has four AA Rosettes
- Historic association – Rolls and Royce signed the contract that sealed their famous collaboration at The Midland, and Winston Churchill delivered one of his epic speeches here
Traditional style meetings or conferences, particularly appealing to companies looking for a stately environment
The Midland enjoys a convenient central location, being around 200m from Oxford Road Station, 800m from Piccadilly Station and across the road from Manchester Central.
The hotel has 312 bedrooms, and 14 conference and meeting rooms in total. The largest, the Alexandra Suite, can host up to 700 guests while the smaller Rolls and Royce Suites accommodate 50 each. While the building is 100+ years old, all of the meeting facilities are served by free WiFi and state-of-the-art technology.