The latest entries in our list of visited and vetted venues are located in and around the historic city of Edinburgh. All four offer something very special and would turn any meeting or event into a grand occasion.
A real sense of history – the hotel is perched at the top of the Royal Mile, with flaming torches lighting up the night sky
- Tours of the Castle and grounds organised for guests and delegates
- Themed menus featuring famous Scottish fare
- Versatile venue, able to cater for diverse meeting requirements
Formal corporate events from Board lunches to large conferences
Step back in time
If you want to treat your guests like royalty, take a look at Edinburgh Castle. There are three events rooms to choose from, with the Gatehouse Suite for small meetings and seminars, the Queen Anne Room for lunches, meetings and presentations and the Jacobite Room for entertaining up to 250 guests. If you are organising a very large event (250 to 800 guests) you can hire the entire Castle and enjoy access to the Great Hall, the Royal Apartments, the Castle Vaults and the Scottish Crown Jewels.
National Museum of Scotland
A stunning modern space packed with historic treasures creating a unique backdrop for meetings, exhibitions and large events
- Huge, impressive spaces, most notably the Grand Gallery with its glass-roofed atrium
- Won Best Large Venue in the 2013 Scottish Event Award for being ‘beautiful, versatile, impressive and iconic’
- Plenty of history to explore under one roof covering the natural world, art and design, science and technology and Scottish history
Everything from small meetings to huge events due to the number and variety of spaces on offer
Guaranteed Wow factor
Venue spaces include the Entrance Hall with its stone columns and vaulted arches; the elegant Grand Gallery, which is shaped like a birdcage and can accommodate up to 1,500 for a reception; the Discoveries Gallery, where you can admire the towering Millennium Clock, and the 200 seat Auditorium. Up in the tower, the circle-shaped Board Room (meeting room capacity 24) and Bute Room (meeting room capacity 50) feature full height picture windows looking out onto Edinburgh Castle.
First impressions A beautiful Castle with three imposing buildings on a 1,000 acre estate – hard to believe it’s just over 10 miles from Edinburgh’s city centre
- Exclusive Use – the Castle will be all yours for the duration of your meeting or conference
- Activity Day options including Highland games, clay pigeon shooting, archery and falconry available for team-building events
- Stunning backdrop for photo shoots
Corporate meetings, company incentives, Christmas parties and more
Intimate hidden treasure
The Castle has four main meeting spaces: the Beehive Boardroom, the Croquet Room, the Auld Keep (which includes the medieval Great Hall) for up to 70 and the outdoor Pavilion Marquee for gatherings of up to 180 people. If even more space is needed, a Grand Marquee accommodating up to 1,000 people can be erected as required. There are also 17 individually styled but equally luxurious double/twin bedrooms in the Castle itself with additional accommodation available nearby if required.
A truly grand railway hotel that takes pride in its history – the majestic clock on top of the hotel is set to run three minutes fast so you never miss your train!
- Right next door to Waverley Train Station (on a direct line to London, Manchester and Birmingham)
- Michelin- starred ‘Number One’ restaurant and a dedicated ‘Scotch’ bar with 400 varieties to sample
- Award winning spa with a 15 metre pool
Smaller Board meetings or larger events with up to 450 delegates
The Balmoral Hotel is very conveniently located, being at the border of the Old Town and the New Town, adjacent to the railway station and less than half an hour’s drive from Edinburgh Airport. It has ten meetings and events rooms, 168 bedrooms and 20 bedroom suites so it would be able to meet a wide range of requirements. While some of the hotel’s guest services hark back to a bygone age (such as unpacking and packing your luggage!) the meeting facilities include 21st necessities such as the latest audio-visual equipment and high speed WiFi.